To my surprise, confusion, and delight I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’m not entirely sure how it works, but here goes!
Big thank you to the wonderful Cherish for nominating me!!! Go check out her blog, you know you want to: https://cherishsmithauthor.wordpress.com.
Okay, seven things about me that are not in my bio:
- Non-fiction science books aren’t safe when I’m around–I devour them as readily as any novel. So far, Temple Grandin’s Animals in Translation and Rebecca Skloot’s The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks are among my favorites.
- I abhor okra. I actually like the taste, it’s just the texture–way too slimy for me. I just can’t deal with it.
- I’m totally smitten with the tv series Firefly. It only aired eleven episodes before being canceled in 2003. I first watched it last year, and I was immediately captivated by the western, sci-fi world where people swear in Chinese. I’m still obsessing about the Blue Sun T-shirt and Jayne hat I got for Christmas (in case you were wondering, Jayne actually isn’t my favorite character. If pressed for favorites I would have to say, Mal, Kaylee, and Wash. But, it’s a close thing–they’re all so amazing).
- I’m one of those crafty people who often glances at price tags and goes “Can I make this for cheaper? Let’s try!” A few of my most recent experiments have been wire-work jewelry (Super fun and surprisingly quick! Just um, fiddly at times), and coptic-stitch notebooks with Chiyogami paper.
- When I was 3, I put my foot through a window and gave myself a lovely deep cut across my ankle that required six stitches. I remember I was ‘watching’ Elmo from Sesame Street at the time–for me this entailed finding ways to run around the room and bounce off of furniture… and windows. Interestingly enough, I put my foot through a glass door just last year (not entirely my fault–my little brother helped by closing the door at just the wrong moment). No injury this time, but… um… again?
- I own a horseshoe from the horse I rode when I first learned to ride. Her name was Dally, and she’s probably still in California somewhere (I believe she’d be about 20 years old now). She was lovely until she discovered that little 8yo me had no idea what I was doing, then she decided that she preferred standing to moving no matter what I did with my legs.
- Next NaNoWriMo, I’m going to write a sci-fi novel. It will have a spaceship, a researcher, lots of exotic planets, alien life-forms, and maybe some brain-washing or a corrupt government (still thinking about details). I know, two novels are already a lot to be working on, but I can’t help myself!
I would like to nominate:
THE RULES FOR NOMINEES
- When you get this award, thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your Bio.
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15).
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.